Skip to main content

Maharashtra Waikar in World Famous Sunday Kho-Kho Series

Courageous Pratik Waikar who played well to clinch Silver medal in the recently held 53rd Sr. National Kho-Kho Championship 2021-22 at  Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh. He is one of the Senior Player of Maharashtra Squad who played so many tournaments through his career was caught up by our featured columnist in an exclusive interview so that his words and story will reach across the globe through this World  Famous Sunday Kho-Kho Series. Thanks Pratik to be part of this Series.


         Pratik Waikar (Maharashtra)

Q1. Tell me about yourself.

Ans. Pratik Kiran Waikar(MBA(finance), B.SC(comp.sc)) ,lives in  Pune, Maharashtra.Plays from(club) NAV Maharashtra Sangh ,Pune.


Achievements- 

International Gold Medalist (12th SAF Games 2016)

Eklavya Award winner in 2019

IND vs Eng Series held in London 2018 (gold)

8 Senior national (2-gold ,6- silver)

6 Fedaration Cup National (6- gold)

1 Junior National (gold)

2 Sub junior National ( 2 bronze)

 Only player from Maharashtra who captained team Maharashtra in all three age groups (i.e. U14,U18,seniors)

Q2. Why you choose Kho-Kho?

Ans. My elder brother who also plays Kho-Kho Kunal Waikar took me to the ground and my school NMV High School where Kho-Kho is very popular. So I join NMS at the age of 10.I got interest in this sport because I am doing well in it.


Q3. In Kho-Kho What's your Favorite Skill and Why?

Ans.

 Defence ,Pole dive and Action on Pole is  my favorite skill.

 Kho-Kho is very skillful game. I thought pole dive and action on pole is topmost skill where you earn wicket very easily and defence is my main skills where I love to play a ring game. I love dodging.

Q4. What you have done to master the skill? Give tips so that players will be benefitted from it.

Ans.


    Defence - shadow practice is great practice for defence. I was doing it since my childhood regularly with perfection. Also done practice for flexibility which brings smoothness in defense. Hard work and no days off is key to success ..you have to do perfect practice regularly not    time oriented practice.


Q5. Who is your coach ? How he trained you?

Ans. 1.Shriran Inamdar (Arjuna awardee)

         2. Shirin Godbole

         3.Sanat Waikar 

         in my childhood they train me very well . They are the reason of my success.


 Q6. You lost Final to Railways .What was the reason for the defeat in the recently held 53rd Sr. National Kho-Kho Championship 2021-22 at M.P ?

Ans.


 
Main reason for our defeat is injury our main 3,4 players are injured. If you want to defeat a team like Railways then all players must be fit .


 Q7. Your finger got fractured during the match and still you played the match Showing courage and high spirit. Explain in detail . What was the reason .

Ans. As I told you about injuries.my whole team gets affected mentally if I didn't play. as I am Senior player of team I have responsibility to make our team morally up. Basically I am 'MARATHA'. never put your sword down, Never give up . This things is in my blood inspired by Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.


Q8. Whats really in your mind when you play against good teams and specially Final.

Ans.


     
I didn't overthink of match.so didn't get pressurized about Final. I just remain cool. and trust my self in my mind. I just concentrate on what I can do in this match. How i can play so that my             team will win. I  think of opponent team weakness and strong zones.so accordingly I manage it.

Q9. If in a match you get out by attacker but referee has not given out .What you do at that time?

Ans. 


Actually it's tricky. Most of the times I told referee yes it's out by pointing my finger but sometimes opponent team plays improper game then I will not give out. Its Tit for Tat.


Q10. Any words for Voice of International Player (Sunday Kho-Kho Series).

Ans. Sunday Kho-Kho Series doing great job by promoting Kho-Kho and Kho-Kho players. A very good platform for Kho-Kho players so that they can share their story or experience worldwide. Its my pleasure to be part of this Kho-Kho series. Thank you and All the best to you and your  whole team.


Featured Columnist:

Shamily Sharma (India)

 

 Coordinated & Directed by: 

  Pankaj Malhotra( India)

  (Voice of International Player)

     Supported By:

     1. S.B.S.Tirthi (Former Treasurer KKFI, India)

     2. Anuj Khajuria(North Carolina, U.S.A)

    

 

#KhoKho, #Team India, #Captain Indian Kho-Kho Team, #KhoKho player, #Top Kho-Kho Player, #KhoKho Rules, #KhoKho Ground, #KhoKho India, #KhoKho Management Rules, #KhoKho lovers, #International Kho-Kho, #National Kho-Kho, #KhoKho Afrika, #Asian Kho-Kho Championship, #Pankaj Malhotra, #Voice of International Player




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parallel Toe Method in Offensive Skill

Skills Skills play a major in defining khokho in a better way .Khokho player is best identified by it's mastery in skill. Two Major types of Skills in khokho are 1.Offensive Skill 2.Defensive Skill As it is not easier to understand all skills at once .So I will try to explain you one by one in a single post in an easiest manner. Starting with offensive skill. 1)Sitting inside a chaser block: It is an offensive skill that is the most basic part of chaser to understand how to sit inside the chaser block of size 30*35cm for Men /Women and Junior Boys & Girls and 30*30 cm for subjunior boys & Girls. Two methods  a.Parallel Toe Method. b.Bullet Toe Method. a.Parallel Toe Method : As it name suggests toes are parallel to each other and toe tip is just behind the front line of chaser block.The gap between two feets is minimal not more than 6 inches and the most balanced posture in which hands will be kept either side of cross lane by putting partial body weight on it.T

Shijitha Radhakrishnan Kerala Women KhoKho Team Captain in Sunday KhoKho Series Season 2

After World Wide success and global demand of Sunday Kho-Kho Series .This Series has  launched season 2 with Kerala Kho-Kho Player who worked hard to reach at this level of KhoKho .Kerala team won bronze medal in recently held 37th National Games at Goa .Every day Kho-Kho is growing and reaching each and every corner of world.This energetic game is gaining popularity at very rapid speed.Thanks to all our KhoKho lovers ,enthusiast who is continuously supporting  to make Kho-Kho at the highest level.                    Shijitha Radhakrishnan                    (Kerala KhoKho Player) Q1.When you started khokho? Ans. When I was in 3rd standard, I started to play kho kho. Q2.What inspires you to start KhoKho? Ans. My sister Sheeba inspired me to play kho kho. Q3.What is your practice routine?Can you explain in detail. Ans. In morning I go to the ground on 6 am.. And practising for almost 3 hours..  Then in evening I do practice at 4 pm upto 6:30 pm.Sure, I'd be happy to share my

He deserves Arjuna but get more than that .He is Narendar Shah the KhoKho Icon in Sunday Kho-Kho Series.

            (Kho-Kho Icon Mr.Narendar Shah) The man who deserves Arjuna award for his meritious performance and dominance in the game of Kho-Kho.He is a man with strong faith and confidence in the game of Kho-Kho that never misses a player when a defender reaches pole.He is now 55 and still challenging player across world to get them out near pole and also give one minute as a defender against best team of world.He did 10000 Skipping on daily basis and never misses ground .Now he is doing 5000 skipping and fitness is his priority. Sunday Kho-Kho Series through Voice of International Player is trying to put reality and hidden stories of KhoKho players among people across the world by reaching every nook and corner across India and World. Ms.Neha Duggal  Columnist caught up with  Mr. Narendar Shah  from Pune District of Maharashtra in a sole conversation as he cast off a flicker on Kho-Kho. He is working in Bank of India and gives his  vital time to us. Thanks and Congratula