Skip to main content

He deserves Arjuna but get more than that .He is Narendar Shah the KhoKho Icon in Sunday Kho-Kho Series.

           (Kho-Kho Icon Mr.Narendar Shah)

The man who deserves Arjuna award for his meritious performance and dominance in the game of Kho-Kho.He is a man with strong faith and confidence in the game of Kho-Kho that never misses a player when a defender reaches pole.He is now 55 and still challenging player across world to get them out near pole and also give one minute as a defender against best team of world.He did 10000 Skipping on daily basis and never misses ground .Now he is doing 5000 skipping and fitness is his priority.

Sunday Kho-Kho Series through Voice of International Player is trying to put reality and hidden stories of KhoKho players among people across the world by reaching every nook and corner across India and World.

Ms.Neha Duggal Columnist caught up with 
Mr. Narendar Shah from Pune District of Maharashtra in a sole conversation as he cast off a flicker on Kho-Kho. He is working in Bank of India and gives his  vital time to us. Thanks and Congratulations to Narendar Shah (Kho-Kho Legend)for all such prestigious Awards and sharing his experiences, suggestions and views so that people across the world will know Kho-Kho Voices.

Q1. What inspires you to Start Kho-Kho?

Ans. My family loves sports. My father was a wrestler as well as a Kabaddi player and my sister also play Kho-Kho. She played Nationals 3 times. These things put my interest in Sports.

Q2. What are your achievements?

Ans.


1.Junior National Championship - 1G , 1P 

2.National Championship -3G, 3P

3.Interuniversity - 1G,1P

4.West Zone Championship - 3G, 3P

5.Sr.National Championships - 10G, 10P

6.Federation Cup- 2G, 2P

7.National Games- 2G 1S, 3P

8.SAG - 1G, 1P

9.Asian KhoKho Championship - 2G,2P

Awards

1.Ahilya Award
2.Eklavya Award
3.Shivachatarpati Award

Q3. What's your fitness secret.

Ans.Two hours in the morning and three hours in the evening. I usually do 10,000 Skipping per day when I play Kho-Kho. Now I do 5000 skippings per day at the age of 55.

Q4.You are a deserving man who does not get Arjuna Award?

Ans. Yes, I think so but I believe I got more than Arjuna Award in Kho-Kho as people around the globe know me that's sufficient for me.

Q5. I heard that your target in the match is the best player of another team?

Ans. Yes of course I always attack the strong player of other team and also play against the toughest player. Just like when you hit 6 to Bumrah like bowler to dominate the best bowling attack and same is my case I play with an attitude to play against best.This is my attitude.

Q6. Who is your coach and how he trained You?

Ans. Ashok Dhainje was my coach. He trained me on daily basis with 100 dives and 10000 skippings per day. Individual work out and on a regular basis. I am filled with injuries during practice and become strong each and every day

Q7. What is your club name and any special moment and prize from the club.

(State Award from C.M. Maharashtra Sh. Manohar Joshi)

Ans.Ramanbag Mandal of Pune. I got prize for 8  consecutive years for attending the ground on a daily basis.

Q8. How players, you select or recommend as you are the top player of your Team from Maharashtra?

Ans. I told Maharashtra Kho-Kho Association I need a good player in our team if you want gold. Look for players not the team who won.I always inspire my juniors to play and give them the confidence to play. I told them to play bravely I am behind you to back up the team.

Q9. When you play 1st senior your age was 26 whereas Mr.Srirang Inamdar KhoKho player of Maharashtra retired at 26 . Is it true?

Ans. Yes, Of course, I play 1st Senior National at 26 and won 11 gold medals in 11 nationals and retire at Baramati at the age of 42 years.

Q10. When you get out in the match.Whats in your mind regarding umpire decision or anything else?

Ans. I always focus on my mistakes when I get out .Never think about umpire decision.

Q11. Whats your aim when you play Kho-Kho Match?

Ans.I play with one aim to win and put all efforts into the game and achieve success.I never play for results and never have any type of ego.Just like Mahinder Singh Dhoni Former India Cricket Team captain who has confidence of win till last ball of match, same with me.

Q12. Most players choose you as your icon player .Can you share some moment?

Ans.Yes , R .Velan was also a very good dodger at time .As I remember during some match ,one national player from Kohlapur ask R.Velan that they want to become player like Velan but R.Velan replied you must follow my icon who is called Dad of Kho-Kho (Narendar Shah).

Q13. What is your age? Are you still touch with the game.

Ans.I am 55.,Yes I daily do fitness practises.Yes I daily visit my club and trained youngsters.


         Featured Columnist Neha Duggal(India)




Coordinated by

Pankaj Malhotra( India )
(Voice of International Player)


Supported By: 

Anuj Khajuria ( North Carolina, U.S)


Acronyms
G: Gold
S: Silver
P: Played


#KhoKho, #Team India, #Captain Indian Kho Kho Team, #KhoKho player, #Top Kho-Kho Player, #KhoKho Rules, #KhoKho Ground, #KhoKho India, #KhoKho Management Rules, #KhoKho lovers, #International Kho-Kho, #National Kho-Kho, #KhoKho Afrika, #Asian Kho-Kho Championship, #Pankaj Malhotra, #Voice of International Player

Comments

  1. So many gold awards but no Arjun award what's an arony of India's top kho kho player. Hope one day he will get what only he deserves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I remember this man. Who has played against mumbai at state championship tournament.
    During final match he has having heavy fever but still played match. Match was tie in third inning than goes to sedden dead ining , mumbai defending 1min 26 sec for first point then pune need to play more than that time for saved match. Narendra shah has having fever due to illness his eyes not open but still he insist to want to play in first batch. Mumbai team decided to followed Narendra shah for first point due to illness but he played very cleverley and not out till pune team won tha match.
    After winning match he was omitting and uncountioue due to illness. But still stand for feel winning movement.

    Awesomely player in kho kho history.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Parallel Toe Method in Offensive Skill

Skills Skills play a major in defining khokho in a better way .Khokho player is best identified by it's mastery in skill. Two Major types of Skills in khokho are 1.Offensive Skill 2.Defensive Skill As it is not easier to understand all skills at once .So I will try to explain you one by one in a single post in an easiest manner. Starting with offensive skill. 1)Sitting inside a chaser block: It is an offensive skill that is the most basic part of chaser to understand how to sit inside the chaser block of size 30*35cm for Men /Women and Junior Boys & Girls and 30*30 cm for subjunior boys & Girls. Two methods  a.Parallel Toe Method. b.Bullet Toe Method. a.Parallel Toe Method : As it name suggests toes are parallel to each other and toe tip is just behind the front line of chaser block.The gap between two feets is minimal not more than 6 inches and the most balanced posture in which hands will be kept either side of cross lane by putting partial body weight on it.T

Shijitha Radhakrishnan Kerala Women KhoKho Team Captain in Sunday KhoKho Series Season 2

After World Wide success and global demand of Sunday Kho-Kho Series .This Series has  launched season 2 with Kerala Kho-Kho Player who worked hard to reach at this level of KhoKho .Kerala team won bronze medal in recently held 37th National Games at Goa .Every day Kho-Kho is growing and reaching each and every corner of world.This energetic game is gaining popularity at very rapid speed.Thanks to all our KhoKho lovers ,enthusiast who is continuously supporting  to make Kho-Kho at the highest level.                    Shijitha Radhakrishnan                    (Kerala KhoKho Player) Q1.When you started khokho? Ans. When I was in 3rd standard, I started to play kho kho. Q2.What inspires you to start KhoKho? Ans. My sister Sheeba inspired me to play kho kho. Q3.What is your practice routine?Can you explain in detail. Ans. In morning I go to the ground on 6 am.. And practising for almost 3 hours..  Then in evening I do practice at 4 pm upto 6:30 pm.Sure, I'd be happy to share my