Skip to main content

England Sneha Patel in Sunday Kho-Kho Series

As Kho-Kho is attaining good height as recently Adani Enterprises showed interst in Gujarat Team as well as GMR showed interst in Telangana team.Soon Ultimate Kho-Kho is going to engage audiences across the world .And Very soon Kho-Kho creates sensation in the field of sports when action packed moves are seen in the screen.Moving to UK as Sneha Patel one of the player as well as part of KKFE management is doing great job to motivate youngsters in England towards Kho-Kho.As she was caught by our columnist in an exclusive interview through world famous Sunday Kho-Kho Series.Thanks to Sneha to be part of our mission to move Kho-Kho round the corner of World.

                       Sneha Patel 

Q1. When you started Kho-Kho?

Ans. From childhood onwards I was always up for any outdoor sports like running, badminton and Cricket. 
But it was roughly when I was in 8th grade KHO-KHO caught my attention as I saw my own sisters playing it. As I was good at running I decided to join the local club called M.R.K in Baroda. 
My coach Mr.Vishwash Salvi trained me to the core so I could play nationals and now international too.

Q2. Why you Choose Kho-Kho?

Ans. I choose KHO KHO as I had liking for run and KHO KHO seemed to be a challenging sport as you have to be always on your toes either your are chasing or defending. Also, I was highly inspired by my elder sister, Krupali Patel who played on a national level. She used to share her tactics and the game plan where you show a different moves in order to survive the chase or play mind games with the opponents.

Q3. What progress you have seen in England in terms of Kho-Kho?

Ans.I have recently joined the KKFE through Mr.Brij Haldania who’s a Founder and chairman of kho kho federation of England, Director of international kho kho federation. I’m honoured to be a part of the KKFE Management committee.
As my recent experience and immense effort of the KKFE committee we can see that young generation has started knowing about the sports more and to increase the reach of KHO KHO we are soon conducting University League and 6th National Kho Kho championship as well.

Q4.What is the buzz in England regarding Ultimate Kho-Kho?

Ans. All kho kho lovers in England are excited and looking forward to participate.KKFE are Working with ultimate kho league management and preparing players for league.

Q5.How you managing both management of  KKFE as well as Kho-Kho ?

Ans.It’s tough to manage both at the same time but I’m highly thankful to KKFE management for their immense support throughout. I would also like to appreciate the effort of KKFE for creating the base for Khokho and spreading awareness across UK.The whole team is very friendly, warm and hardworking.

Q6 .As you play in both India as well as England .What type of difference you saw in grounds with reference to  grip of feets etc.?

Ans.Yes there’s a definite difference between playing conditions. In India we used to play barefoot directly on the ruff surface and mud. Whereas in UK we are playing on the grass and highly dependent on the weather. Sometimes grounds can be bit slippery and It would take a while to get used to the grip.

Q7. Who is your Coach ?
Ans.
                    (Mr.Vishwas Salvi)


Q8.What difference you saw in Indian Kho-Kho and England Kho-Kho?

Ans. Kho Kho is a universal game, there's some difference in the style of play, however the essence of the game is captured in anyone that plays. Kho Kho participants will always say how much they enjoy the game, and I think this is something that makes the sport very special

Q9.What is your opinion to popularise Kho-Kho in Whole Europe?

Ans. Europeans are taking to the game really well. Kho Kho fascinates spectators and so I am really excited to see the growth scross Europe. We're working to establish a network of Kho Kho hubs across Europe, particularly within Universities. Also having a presence at major sporting events is important, and so we are working towards hosting a demonstration of Kho Kho at the Commonwealth Games.

Q10.What is your Favourite Skill and Why?

Ans. I have couple of moves in my favourite list but pole dive come foremost in the list. Cause it takes a lot to Pole Dive. You have  to plan your move in a way that opponent does not get any clue. It needs a special training and practise on regular basis to perfect it. I was fortunate enough to learn this from my Coach Mr. Vishwash Salvi he was know as magic Man for poll dive. I learnt all the techniques from him and it's very useful when it comes to attack your opponent .

Q11.What you do to remain in the game ?Whats your fitness routine?

Ans. "Well I would say Discipline is the Key for me, whatever you do in life discipline is must even if it is just 1km of jog evey day you need to be constant in life and once you get there nothing is impossible simply nothing and we are seeing great example around the world"
"So if I talk about myself I am doing something which I love the most that is playing sport/khokho so all the efforts comes automatically, I make sure I keep myself fit and for that I have to sacrifice on multiple things like sleep, some specific cuisines which I like(everyone can relate to it) but yes you need to prioritize things in life and that's what I am doing here and thats why I am here.
Also It’s a very physically demanding sport. You always have to be on your toes and focused. Player’s stamina plays a vital role in this spot. To keep up my stamina I have my specific cardio session, various speed runs and nutritional diet. Also regularly I have a chat with my ex team player to discuss the new techniques.

Q12. Who is the man behind England Kho-Kho ? What he did so far to move Kho-Kho in Right direction ?

Ans. The Kho Kho movement in England has developed significantly with the active leadership of Mr Brij Haldania. He is so passionate about Kho Kho and leaves no stone unturned when it comes to promoting Kho Kho. From coaching the game to hosting workshops and competitions, he truly is an active leader. His work within Kho Kho has sparked the growth beyond the UK, from speaking at International Olympic Conferences and representing Kho Kho to visiting countries and persuading key influencers to support Kho Kho.

Q13. Any words for Voice of International Player (Sunday Kho-Kho Series)?

Ans. VOIP is doing a wonderful work in terms of reaching out players who can inspire the upcoming batch of players and the next generation. Can’t thank you enough for the exposure you are bringing to kho kho. the game would be a giant leaf forward to the mass international arena of the game as it's genuinely open to individuals' skills & commitment. wonderful job to lift kho-kho with unique ideas and work.


               (Featured Columnist)
                  Shamily Sharma



         (Coordinated & Directed By)
                 Pankaj Malhotra
        (Voice of International Player)


Analyst:
Ramneet (Language Expert, India)

Supported & Guided By:

Sh.M.S.Tyagi (Gen Sec.KKFI)
SBS Tirthi(Former Treasurer KKFI,India)
Anuj Khajuria (North Carolina,USA)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parallel Toe Method in Offensive Skill

Skills Skills play a major in defining khokho in a better way .Khokho player is best identified by it's mastery in skill. Two Major types of Skills in khokho are 1.Offensive Skill 2.Defensive Skill As it is not easier to understand all skills at once .So I will try to explain you one by one in a single post in an easiest manner. Starting with offensive skill. 1)Sitting inside a chaser block: It is an offensive skill that is the most basic part of chaser to understand how to sit inside the chaser block of size 30*35cm for Men /Women and Junior Boys & Girls and 30*30 cm for subjunior boys & Girls. Two methods  a.Parallel Toe Method. b.Bullet Toe Method. a.Parallel Toe Method : As it name suggests toes are parallel to each other and toe tip is just behind the front line of chaser block.The gap between two feets is minimal not more than 6 inches and the most balanced posture in which hands will be kept either side of cross lane by putting partial body weight on it.T

Shijitha Radhakrishnan Kerala Women KhoKho Team Captain in Sunday KhoKho Series Season 2

After World Wide success and global demand of Sunday Kho-Kho Series .This Series has  launched season 2 with Kerala Kho-Kho Player who worked hard to reach at this level of KhoKho .Kerala team won bronze medal in recently held 37th National Games at Goa .Every day Kho-Kho is growing and reaching each and every corner of world.This energetic game is gaining popularity at very rapid speed.Thanks to all our KhoKho lovers ,enthusiast who is continuously supporting  to make Kho-Kho at the highest level.                    Shijitha Radhakrishnan                    (Kerala KhoKho Player) Q1.When you started khokho? Ans. When I was in 3rd standard, I started to play kho kho. Q2.What inspires you to start KhoKho? Ans. My sister Sheeba inspired me to play kho kho. Q3.What is your practice routine?Can you explain in detail. Ans. In morning I go to the ground on 6 am.. And practising for almost 3 hours..  Then in evening I do practice at 4 pm upto 6:30 pm.Sure, I'd be happy to share my

He deserves Arjuna but get more than that .He is Narendar Shah the KhoKho Icon in Sunday Kho-Kho Series.

            (Kho-Kho Icon Mr.Narendar Shah) The man who deserves Arjuna award for his meritious performance and dominance in the game of Kho-Kho.He is a man with strong faith and confidence in the game of Kho-Kho that never misses a player when a defender reaches pole.He is now 55 and still challenging player across world to get them out near pole and also give one minute as a defender against best team of world.He did 10000 Skipping on daily basis and never misses ground .Now he is doing 5000 skipping and fitness is his priority. Sunday Kho-Kho Series through Voice of International Player is trying to put reality and hidden stories of KhoKho players among people across the world by reaching every nook and corner across India and World. Ms.Neha Duggal  Columnist caught up with  Mr. Narendar Shah  from Pune District of Maharashtra in a sole conversation as he cast off a flicker on Kho-Kho. He is working in Bank of India and gives his  vital time to us. Thanks and Congratula