Skip to main content

Mandakani Majhi in Sunday Kho-Kho Series(Odisha Kho-Kho Player)

Kho-Kho: The indigenous game of India is popular around the corner.This Sunday Mandakini Majhi from Western Odisha(Titilagarh, Balangir) the first Odia to be part of the Indian Kho-Kho Team.She is studing in KIIT university and founder of University Prof.Achyut Samant support her to achieve milestone in life .She gives her precious time to our featured columnist Ms.Neha Duggal. She is a confident girl with high spirits and she proves that girls are stronger and braver to reach any milestone in life if they decided. Dedication and hard work are appreciable. Voice of International player team wishes her good luck in the future and also thanks to Kho-Kho lovers for their love and support.

Q1.What inspires you to start Kho-Kho?

Ans.One day my senior asked me to give a sports fitness test. I did the test and they found that I had good speed and running ability. Ms.Rasmita Mohanty Cricket Coach inspires me to play Kho-Kho. It is really an attractive game, this indulges me to play Kho-Kho.

Q2. From which district you belong?

Ans. I belong to the Bolangir District. It is situated in the West of Odisha. But I am staying in a Hostel ( Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences ).

Q3. As it's difficult to continue sports with studies. How do you manage?

Ans.I have never faced such a problem as my friends and teachers have taken care of my study and everything. I am pursuing MBA in Rural Management from KIIT university.

Q4. How Odisha government is supporting Players.

Ans. Soon a sports hostel is provided to players and also financial help to players for camps etc. They are giving scholarship to players for attaining medal at Senior National Tournaments.

Q5.What are your achievements?

Ans.  
I have started my sports career in 2008 to 2021. I had played one international tournament and more than 30 nationals

Q6. Recently Sarika got Arjuna Award. She becomes a source of inspiration for many upcoming players. Any comments.

Ans. Ms.Sarika Kale got Arjuna. I am very happy and motivated for that a girl of Kho-Kho got Arjuna. Its a source of inspiration for all upcoming players.

Q7. What is the practice routine of yours?

Ans. The training schedule of mine is prepared by my coach. In the morning session Skills, fitness workouts, and in the evening only game practice and match.

Q8. What is your favorite move?

Ans. My favorite move is Skydive and Running dodge.

Q9. Odhisa girls performed well in the last tournaments. What's the reason for that.

Ans. It's a pleasure to say that I was a captain of the Odisha team in Chattisgarh Seniors National 2019-20 and Our team won a Bronze medal and it's the first time that our state team attains a medal in Senior Nationals and 1st time in Sub Junior National Odisha Won Gold medal. This is all due to the hard work of our players and their efforts. Odhisa Kho-Kho Association and the secretary Pradyumna Mishra, President Mr.Narayan Patra are taking initiative for the development of players. Earlier there was 2 to 3 days camp now the camp is increased to 20-45 days. This is a good step for the development of Kho- Kho in Odhisa.

Q10. Who is your Coach and How is he trained players?

Ans. Mr.Kalandi Charan Raut is the Coach. Before going to start training he prepared a training schedule of players based on their level. He trained players very well and provide support and guidance. We have a district championship every year and our ground produces two Indian players and more than 100 National Players.

Q11. Its difficult for a girl to play as sometimes family or society discourages it. Any comments. 

Ans. I would like to share my small story that my family members are 5 including me. I have two small sisters and have no brothers. My father always thinks about son and always felt guilty. When I have represented the Indian Women team Kho-Kho team in 12 South Asian Games and won a gold medal as the first Odia women Kho-Kho player. After that, my parents are so happy for me and feel proud. As a girl, everybody thinks that girls can't do anything but I prove myself girls can do everything. Kho-Kho Game change my lifestyle. So, I think can also change others girl lifestyle and prove themselves. Kho- Kho is a game where you don't need to invest more in your equipment.

Q12. Do you hear about Voice of International Player?  Any comments.

Ans. I would like to give thanks a million times to the  Voice of International Player that you are doing a great job for Kho-Kho. The initiative by yourself is so admirable that you give me a chance to express my views in front of the world

     Featured Columnist Neha Duggal(India)


Coordinated by:

Pankaj Malhotra( India)
(Voice of International Player)



Assisted By:
1.Pushpa Vathi (India)
2.Tarmeet Shenu (India)

Supported By:
1.S.B.S.Tirthi(India)
2.Anuj Khajuria(North Carolina, U.S.A)

#KhoKho, #Team India, #Captain Indian Kho-Kho Team, #KhoKho player, #Top Kho-Kho Player, #KhoKho Rules, #KhoKho Ground, #KhoKho India, #KhoKho Management Rules, #KhoKho lovers, #International Kho-Kho, #National Kho-Kho, #KhoKho Afrika, #Asian Kho-Kho Championship, #Pankaj Malhotra, #Voice of International Player




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parallel Toe Method in Offensive Skill

Skills Skills play a major in defining khokho in a better way .Khokho player is best identified by it's mastery in skill. Two Major types of Skills in khokho are 1.Offensive Skill 2.Defensive Skill As it is not easier to understand all skills at once .So I will try to explain you one by one in a single post in an easiest manner. Starting with offensive skill. 1)Sitting inside a chaser block: It is an offensive skill that is the most basic part of chaser to understand how to sit inside the chaser block of size 30*35cm for Men /Women and Junior Boys & Girls and 30*30 cm for subjunior boys & Girls. Two methods  a.Parallel Toe Method. b.Bullet Toe Method. a.Parallel Toe Method : As it name suggests toes are parallel to each other and toe tip is just behind the front line of chaser block.The gap between two feets is minimal not more than 6 inches and the most balanced posture in which hands will be kept either side of cross lane by putting partial body weight on it.T

Shijitha Radhakrishnan Kerala Women KhoKho Team Captain in Sunday KhoKho Series Season 2

After World Wide success and global demand of Sunday Kho-Kho Series .This Series has  launched season 2 with Kerala Kho-Kho Player who worked hard to reach at this level of KhoKho .Kerala team won bronze medal in recently held 37th National Games at Goa .Every day Kho-Kho is growing and reaching each and every corner of world.This energetic game is gaining popularity at very rapid speed.Thanks to all our KhoKho lovers ,enthusiast who is continuously supporting  to make Kho-Kho at the highest level.                    Shijitha Radhakrishnan                    (Kerala KhoKho Player) Q1.When you started khokho? Ans. When I was in 3rd standard, I started to play kho kho. Q2.What inspires you to start KhoKho? Ans. My sister Sheeba inspired me to play kho kho. Q3.What is your practice routine?Can you explain in detail. Ans. In morning I go to the ground on 6 am.. And practising for almost 3 hours..  Then in evening I do practice at 4 pm upto 6:30 pm.Sure, I'd be happy to share my

He deserves Arjuna but get more than that .He is Narendar Shah the KhoKho Icon in Sunday Kho-Kho Series.

            (Kho-Kho Icon Mr.Narendar Shah) The man who deserves Arjuna award for his meritious performance and dominance in the game of Kho-Kho.He is a man with strong faith and confidence in the game of Kho-Kho that never misses a player when a defender reaches pole.He is now 55 and still challenging player across world to get them out near pole and also give one minute as a defender against best team of world.He did 10000 Skipping on daily basis and never misses ground .Now he is doing 5000 skipping and fitness is his priority. Sunday Kho-Kho Series through Voice of International Player is trying to put reality and hidden stories of KhoKho players among people across the world by reaching every nook and corner across India and World. Ms.Neha Duggal  Columnist caught up with  Mr. Narendar Shah  from Pune District of Maharashtra in a sole conversation as he cast off a flicker on Kho-Kho. He is working in Bank of India and gives his  vital time to us. Thanks and Congratula